Thursday, February 9, 2012

Organic Baked Spinach Tater Tots

When my daughter started eating finger foods I found tater tots with spinach in them. They were organic and she absolutely loved them, but they still had more ingredients than what I prefer. So I started making my own. Super easy, very little ingredients, and it's a huge hit with the kids!


What you'll need:
  1. 4 med potatoes
  2. 1 C spinach
  3. 1 tbsp flour
  4. 1 tsp oil
Supplies: Peeler, Grater, Knife, Skillet, Baking sheet




Directions:

1.   Wash, Peal, and then shred the potatoes.


2.   Do a rough chop on the spinach. Over med heat pour 1 tsp of oil in skillet and mix in the spinach. Cook for approx. 2 minutes, until spinach is soft and dark green.


3.   In a bowl, mix together the potatoes, flour, and spinach.

4.   Form into balls (I do this over the sink so I can squeeze out some water from the potatoes) and place them on a greased baking sheet. (I used a splash of oil but cooking spray works too) and do a little oil/cooking spray on tops so they don't burn.


Cook at 385 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Flipping them half way through.


.This is how they should look. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment