Friday, February 24, 2012

Homemade hair treatment!

I dye my hair often. And lets not even talk about when I was younger.. Needless to say, my hair wasn't too healthy. Store bought and salon treatments are too expensive and full of ingredients I can't even pronounce. Some are "all natural" but even then it's questionable. So I make my own! It might gross you out a little to play with eggs, but I promise you, your hair will look and feel so amazing. Not to mention, it will be healthy from natural vitamins and fats.

What you need:
  1. 2 Egg Yolks
  2. 1 tbs Olive Oil
  3. 1 tsp Honey


    Directions:

    Seperate yolk from white. (read tips at bottom) Then beat the egg yolks in a bowl. Add the oil and honey and mix well. Comb dry hair. Massage into hair. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and then wash your hair with your normal shampoo. Allow to air dry.

    What the mixture looks like without water:


    What it looks like in hair: (I had to add water)


    Tips:
    • To separate yolk from white, crack open the egg and open it just enough to let the whites fall out. Jumbling the egg back and forth between shells will help any extra whites loosen up and fall out.
    • If your hair is longer than jaw length and/or super thick, you'll have to add hot water. The more water you add, it will get a bit harder to apply because the mixture will be runny. But as long as you don't mind making a little mess, it still does the same magic. :)

    Benefits to this treatment:
    Egg yolk adds protein to your hair, preventing breakage. It also makes your hair silky and soft.
     Olive oil nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity of your hair.
    Honey helps your hair hold in moister, therefore it helps your hair stay healthy and grow.

    By the way, your hair doesn't have to be damaged in order to do this treatment. The health of my hair has been back on track for a few years now but I still love doing this treatment to give my hair a boost of love. haha
    Also, as I mention and I'm sure you can see in the picture, my hair is dyed. This treatment does not fade or affect hair dye at all.

    Enjoy and share with others!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment